laterally : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r to or by or from the side
such women carry in their heads kinship knowledge of six generations depth and extending laterally among consanguineal kin as far as the grandchildren of second cousin
- r in a lateral direction or location
the body is spindle-shaped and only slightly compressed laterally
- An employee can request to do more or less travel or client service, say, or to move laterally into a new role changes that may or may not come with a pay cut.
- They devised a pulley system that warped the shape of the wings in midflight to turn the plane and to stop it from rolling laterally in air.
- I've been failing myself laterally for about 15 years now.
News & Articles
- Fans find disc golf a game for the season - Boston.com
EASTON -- Let’s get started: Position yourself at a 90 degree-angle from your target. Plant your feet in a comfortable, wide stance. Swivel your body, cross your throwing arm laterally across your chest -- then release and follow through. This is the basic drive -- or starting/distance shot -- in disc golf, known less formally as Frisbee golf. You might be thinking: Frisbee? That’s ...
June 29, 2013 - Boston Globe