latent : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s potentially existing but not presently evident or realized
a latent fingerprint
- s (pathology) not presently active
- The singing competition was a great place for the aspirants to show case their talent. In fact, the talent scout was surprised with the great number of latent talent in the small town.
- The latent undercurrent of racial prejudice was unmasked after the stabbing incident.
- As democratic reforms have foundered and living standards plummeted since the collapse of communism in 1991, the country's latent xenophobia has morphed into a more radical .
News & Articles
- Stroke Risk Increasing in Younger People; polyDNA Recommends Muxscle against Latent Viruses, a Possible Underlying ...
A new study from the Journal of the American Medical Association shows that “even 20 years following stroke in adults aged 18 through 50 years, patients remain at a significantly higher risk of death compared with the general population.” (1) polyDNA recommends targeting latent viruses, a possible underlying cause of stroke, with Muxscle. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www ...
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- How To Make A Peach Cobbler So Good You'll Cry
Maybe you don't think of yourself as someone who makes dessert. Maybe you think of dessert as a spoon and a tub of Ben & Jerry's, or a bowl of fruit, or maybe you just don't eat dessert at all because it makes more "sense" to just "eat dinner until you're not hungry anymore" and you "don't want diabetes" because you don't "have a latent death wish" because you haven't "wasted your whole life ...
June 8, 2013 - Gawker
- Yale study finds holes in tuberculosis tests
NEW HAVEN — Traditional methods to identify people with latent tuberculosis infections — those who do not have active TB — miss many infected persons, especially those who are foreign born, according to a study by researchers from the Yale schools of Medicine and Public Health.
June 6, 2013 - New Haven Register
- Margaret Chan in Reuters
This is the true alarm bell. This tells us that resistant strains are now circulating in the general population, spreading widely and largely silently in a growing pool of latent infection,director-general Margaret Chan said. "Obviously...
- Bernard Kouchner in International Herald Tribune
To do nothing would be a risk. We are fragile. Our world is fragile. Latent tensions and growing disparities are too dangerous for this unstable epoch. We have everything to gain by reinforcing our ties,Bernard Kouchner said to fellow foreign...
- Warren Buffett in The Baltimore Chronicle
In his 2002 letter to shareholders, Warren Buffet said, "derivatives are financial weapons of mass destruction, carrying dangers that, while now latent, are potentially lethal.It is estimated that the total net worth, or wealth of the entire United...