larceny : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of taking something from someone unlawfully
- They dismantled Carnevale's roadside "barrel monster" posed with thumb extended as if to hitch a ride and charged him with misdemeanor larceny and destruction of property.
- Nonetheless, in 1984 Bronx District Attorney Mario Merola persuaded a grand jury to indict Donovan and the other defendants on charges of larceny and fraud in connection with a .
- The other major categories of property crime, burglaries and larceny-thefts, both rose.
News & Articles
- Jacksonville Wal-Mart larceny suspect sought
Jacksonville Police need the public to help identify a larceny suspect. The man in the photo is suspected of being involved in a larceny incident that took place on May 19th
June 13, 2013 - WNCT Greenville
- Ala. woman pleads guilty in bank larceny
FLORENCE, Ala. (AP) — A former credit union branch manager has pleaded guilty in federal court to larceny. The TimesDaily of Florence reports (http://bit.ly/11wpjXI ) Beth Ann Ledbetter, of Muscle Shoals, appeared in court Wednesday and is the third former Valley Credit Union employee to plead guilty to bank larceny in the case. Officials say an early-April indictment charged Ledbetter and two ...
June 13, 2013 - WDEF Chattanooga
- Ex-RPI worker arraigned on $350K larceny charge
Ex-RPI worker arraigned on $350K larceny charge Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 2:22 pm, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 Disclosure of the missing funds in 2010 uncovered other abuses and thefts, leading to several dismissals at the four-year school. Christine Dickson, 55, appeared before ...
June 12, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Reggie B Walton in Guardian Unlimited
I just can't buy in on that being good social policy,said Walton, who has a reputation as a tough sentencing judge. "It's one thing if you obstruct a petty larceny. It's another thing if you obstruct a murder investigation."
- Jerry Brown in OCRegister
Overall, since statewide crime peaked in 1992, crime rates in all three categories [of violent crime, property crime, and larceny and theft] have been cut in half,according to the AG's office.
- Russo in Ct Post
Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Kevin Russo asked Superior Court Judge John Ronan to enter a "not guilty' plea on Fontaine's behalf to the sixth-degree larceny charge pending against her. The judge did so and set July 27 for her next...