lapdog : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a dog small and tame enough to be held in the lap
- An unapologetic liberal, Franken has devoted much of the campaign to attacking Coleman as a Bush lapdog, especially on Iraq and the economy not a bad strategy against any .
- AHMADINEJAD: Without the backing support of the powerful Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, like the lapdog Tony Blair, warbles off-key to herself as the world ignores her abyss of talent.
- If you mentioned George Bush in a game of word association for political insiders just six weeks ago, the responses would have been devastating: loser, wimp, preppie, lapdog.
News & Articles
- Pet connection, July 25, 2013
Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society: Buddy is a 2-year-old loveable lapdog who happens to have only three legs. His lack of a leg doesn’t stop him from having lots of fun with his kennelmates. Athena is a special girl with magical eyes. She is about 4 years old and loves to have her chin scratched. She loves other cats and will fall in love with you.
July 25, 2013 - Santa Fe New Mexican
- Happy Tails: Maddy likes to be held
This is Maddy, She is an adorable little Chihuahua/Pug puppy. Maddy is approximately 3 months old; she will be a small dog. She loves attention and loves to be held. Maddy is sweet and playful. If you're looking for a little lapdog, call the shelter...
July 24, 2013 - Corning Observer
- David Duchovny in International Herald Tribune
Chris had a Border collie when we started and I had a half-Border collie, and I always thought of Mulder like a Border collie. He needed a job, so when you see him at first, he's like a Border collie who's a lapdog,Duchovny said. "It's not...
- Stan Van Gundy in Bay News 9
When asked if he was surprised Bosh chose to play alongside Wade in South Beach, Van Gundy answered, "Well, he's been following him around for two weeks like his lapdog. So that doesn't really surprise me."
- John Podesta in International Herald Tribune
Whereas you had a kind of lapdog Congress in the past, you're going to have a significant challenge,Podesta said, speaking of Bush. "Even if the Republicans retain control, you'll see even more questioning on the Senate side."