- r toward land
landward, miles of rough grass marshes melt into low uplands
- At others, naval landing craft bore the troops landward in the face of continuous fire.
- Along the arc of defenses which guarded the landward side a rain of bombs gouged out pillboxes and machine guns.
- By late last week, however, oil-industry experts concluded that although Iraqi jets had managed to penetrate the heavily defended southeastern, landward side of the complex known .
News & Articles
- Rate of coastal wetlands losses speeds up
Sea level rise, development squeezes wetlands from both sides By Summit Voice FRISCO — With sea level encroaching on wetlands from the seaward side, and development taking chunks from landward, the U.S. coastal wetlands are being squeezed into an ever-smaller coastal fringe. Overall, coastal wetlands are being lost at an unsustainable rate of about 80,000 […]
Nov. 22, 2013 - Summit County Citizens Voice
- Stephen Leatherman in Daily Green
While sea level rise sets the conditions for landward displacement of the shore, coastal storms supply the energy to do the 'geologic work' by moving the sand off and along the beach,writes Leatherman on his DrBeach.org website....
- Pau Gasol in Boston Herald
After almost a millennium of inward and landward focus, we are again turning our gaze outwards and seawards, which is the natural direction of view for a nation seeking to re- establish itself not simply as a continental power but even more so as a... Pranab Mukherjee http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pranab_Mukherjee&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH7JtYbFJ2DGq5DofU9KuGxbo2Mpg Zee News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp%3Faid%3D380014%26sid%3DNAT&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNErGg9d6tHbfpQxy1G3iTE7-RV0BA Jun 30, 2007
56882 75317 lane On Kevin's part, he's also lost some explosiveness," the Lakers forward said between Games 1 and 2 of the Finals. "He's more of a jump shooter now you could say; comes off the lane. Before he had a really, really quick first step and was...