landau : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n Soviet physicist who worked on low temperature physics (1908-1968)
- n a four-wheel covered carriage with a roof divided into two parts (front and back) that can be let down separately
- In the landau were a pair of rich ladies dressed for a party, each smiling and holding a tiny candle out the windows of the carriage.
- Two of the horses pulling the landau, unnerved by the excitement of the occasion, reared, almost overturned the landau, broke loose and dashed off.
- As he rode next to the Queen in a state landau drawn by six grey horses, a crowd of 100,000 lined the Royal Mile to the Palace of Holyroodhouse to cheer the sailor King.
News & Articles
- Lionel Richie, 64, and other celebrity birthdays for June 20, 2013
Martin Landau, Olympia Dukakis, Danny Aiello, John Mahoney, Brian Wilson, Anne Murray, Bob Vila, John Goodman, Nicole Kidman and Josh Lucas also are among today's celebrants.
June 20, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Future bright for Dodgers star Puig
With apologies to Bruce Springsteen and writer Jon Landau, I saw Major League Baseball’s future, and his name is Yasiel Puig. Puig was the most electric player on the field in a day-night doubleheader at Yankee Stadium. He was everywhere — trying to throw out runners at first base from...
June 20, 2013 - New York Post
- Today's Birthdays
Today's Birthdays Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 2:22 pm, Wednesday, June 19, 2013 Actress Olympia Dukakis is 82. Actor Martin Landau is 85. Actor Danny Aiello is 80. Producer Tina Sinatra is 65. Actor John Goodman is 61. Actress Nicole Kidman is 46. Movie director ...
June 20, 2013 - Albany Times Union