lamia : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (folklore) a corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living
- Some other vampire, succubus, lamia, boggart, barghest, uturuncu or related fee-faw-fum had already drunk the poor girl dry.
News & Articles
- Police: Store clerk shoots, kills robber in Hidden Valley
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A store clerk in north Charlotte is alive after the store owner says the employee pulled a gun on an alleged robber and defended himself. The 21-year-old suspect died on the scene. "He was just defending himself. He has a family too. It's him or us," said Charlotte Fast Mart owner, Lamia Hannah. Hannah says her clerk did what he had to do when he shot and killed Javon Booker ...
Aug. 30, 2013 - WCNC Charlotte
- Michelle Pfeiffer in Media For Freedom
And that's the danger, because you do have that freedom,warns Michelle Pfeiffer, who says her challenge was to keep the witch she plays from seeming too unreal. "In the case of my character, Lamia, who is going to be there to tell you when...
- Ivan Raimi in San Francisco Chronicle
The one thing all these legends have in common is that when the Lamia demon awakes in anger, it drags its victims down to hell screaming,says Raimi's brother Ivan Raimi, who co-wrote the script. "That's the common, awful thread."