- v express grief verbally
- v regret strongly
- s vocally expressing grief or sorrow or resembling such expression
- A month earlier, a Socialist political kingpin in the Montpellier region sparked fury and possible expulsion from the party by lamenting that France's national soccer team .
- Who is crying? What lamenting sounds so sadly through the night?They are orphan children crying, bowed beneath their master's.
- Interviewed by PTI in Manila, Marcos calls it a "vicious" film, lamenting: "It's so ugly, and I've always maintained that the only things to uphold are the good, the true and the .
News & Articles
- Local Natives take flight into the dark with their new album
By the time the Local Natives' Kelcey Ayer croons the first words to the lead-off track of his band's new album Hummingbird , he sounds tired and beaten, his high tenor a lonesome wail lamenting lost love.
June 12, 2013 - Charleston City Paper
- Italianfest sticks to winning formula
Tom Guidugli remembers lamenting over a beer with city colleagues Jerry Peluso and Sal Wertheim about how the Italian church parish festivals were waning in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati.
June 10, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- Residents lament road expansion impact
Northern Indiana residents are lamenting a loss of a way of life as a road expansion project claims homes and chunks of property in what once was a serene setting. Read more at www.WISHTV.com
June 7, 2013 - WISH-TV Indianapolis
- James Henry Webb in Common Dreams (press release)
Sen. Webb said in a statement, "Today, despite our good faith, bipartisan effort to accommodate the President, the recommendations that Senator Warner and I made have been ignored. The White House talks about the spirit of bipartisanship, lamenting...
- President Bush in FOXNews
Secret deals to determine somebody else's fate - I think that's what we're lamenting here today, one of those secret deals among large powers that consigns people to a way of government,Bush said.
- Bernie Machen in commercialappeal.com (subscription)
We'd just won the SEC championship, and I'm standing there in the Georgia Dome lamenting the fact I didn't even know if we were going to the national championship game,said Machen, recalling when he began to get motivated about devising a plan.