- s brief and to the point; effectively cut short; `yes'"
the laconic reply
- The reporter gave a wordy preamble and then asked a long winded question. When the mayor replied with a laconic, yes to the verbose question, the audience burst out laughing.
- The address of the Senator was laconic and surprisingly without rhetoric.
- Behind the laconic smile was a deep worry that the box office earnings may not match the star ratings.
News & Articles
- GOP Members of Homeland Security Subcommittee Fail Key Test
When I first came to Washington in 1969, one of the first members of Congress I met and talked to was George Mahon, a courtly, laconic conservative Southern Democrat who happened to be chairman of the House Appropriations Committee. We talked about the committee and its traditions, and he said to me, "If you want to know anything and everything about appropriations, read the Fenno book."
June 12, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News
- Helen Clark in North Queensland Register (registration)
He was a quintessential Kiwi. He was ours - from his craggy appearance and laconic style to his directness and honesty. All New Zealanders will deeply mourn his passing,Clark said. "Sir Ed described himself as an average New Zealander with...