- r in an idle and lackadaisical manner
he was hanging around the house lackadaisically
- He sits lackadaisically in a rear seat of the courtroom.
- They stood lackadaisically in formation, answered commands with a muffled "Get a load of Big Shot" or "Boy, are you a brain.
- Firing Wen Ho Lee is unlikely to stop Republicans pursuing the charge that the Clinton administration responded lackadaisically to the security breach first revealed in 1995.
- Brandon Morrow in TheNewsTribune.com
I'd throw one pitch lackadaisically, get amped on the next one and you can't pitch that way,Morrow said. "You've got to be the same on every pitch. I'm trying to find an effort level I can sustain for seven innings."
- Mike Woodson in TSN.ca
We came out so lackadaisically defensively,Hawks coach Mike Woodson said. "We gave up too many layups - behind our defense, through our defense. I bet we gave up 50 points on layups. We were awful in the first half."
- Rick Mahorn in USA Today
When a team is walking around lackadaisically like we were, you have to give them some direction,Mahorn said. "I told them that the game wasn't over, and that defense was going to win it."