- n a white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily; occurs in rare earth minerals and is usually classified as a rare earth
- n a state in southern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
- n the syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization
- Manny Ramirez in CBSSports.com
LA is a special place to me, and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I,Ramirez said. "I'm sorry about this whole situation."
- Mike Dunleavy in Taipei Times
The fact is we're getting an incredible player, incredible person, an impeccable work ethic and a guy that we plan on having in LA for many years to come,Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said.
- David Stern in The Associated Press
When I became commissioner, I thought what you did every June is you went from LA to Boston and back again,said David Stern, who handed out his first trophy to Bird's Celtics in 1984.