- n the basic unit of money in Zambia
- n the basic unit of money in Malawi
- Four years and two months from the day it finally won kwacha freedom Zambia last week held its first parliamentary election as a sovereign state.
News & Articles
- Zambia inflation rises to 7.3 pct y/y in June
LUSAKA (Reuters) - Zambia's inflation quickened to 7.3 percent year-on-year in June from 7 percent in May as both food and non-food items prices rose, official data showed on Thursday. Zambia also recorded a trade surplus valued at 267.8 million kwacha in May 2013 from 329.5 million kwacha in April 2013, the statistics agency said.
June 27, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Michael Sata in Reuters South Africa
If the government paid all the Zamtel bills, Zamtel would be very viable. The government owes Zamtel trillions of kwacha and that is what has created problems,Sata said.
- Bingu wa Mutharika in Malawi's Daily Times
I have resisted a lot of pressures to devalue the kwacha and I will continue to do so. I want to give the business community a stable forex regime so that they are able to plan properly for their production and investments,said Mutharika.
- Levy Mwanawasa in People's Daily Online
It is not sufficient to be given 20 kwacha (0.4 US cents) and say you go and demonstrate. That 20 kwacha will not create wealth or employment to you,Mwanawasa said.