kurta : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a loose collarless shirt worn by many people on the Indian subcontinent (usually with a salwar or churidars or pyjama)
- Even around his generals, he wears sandals and kurta pajamas that he washes himself, by hand.
- Wearing the white homespun kurta-pajama favored by Indian politicians, Rajiv met simply with a few friends and reporters at his mother's house, where he lives.
- Reported Smith and Shepherd: "Unlike most Indians of his age, Sanjay scorns Western-style clothes for a traditional knee-length kurta, worn over white cotton pajamas.
News & Articles
- Used Indian Clothing Reseller Goes International
CHICAGO, Aug. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Didi's Wardrobe (www.didiswardrobe.com), a reseller of new and gently used Indian clothing announced its international expansion plans. Didi's Wardrobe is a platform for individuals to buy and sell new and gently worn sarees, kurta pajamas,...
Aug. 21, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Manish Malhotra in A Pakistan News
This is my first fashion show. I am very happy to wear traditional clothes. This is what I usually wear -- sherwani, kurta, pyjama. The credit goes to the designer. Playing sarod is very different and this is my first experience. I really... Amjad Ali Khan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amjad_Ali_Khan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF9aVLi6OXdT7nAALJwwakd_ieYKA Press Trust of India http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ptinews.com/news/273872_Ustad-Amjad-Ali-Khan-gets-nervous-on-the-ramp&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHvWw5v8yIS9f-ZLO007127k-H7wQ Sep 9, 2009
56422 74581 kurta The theme is black and gold and what I'm trying to say is sporty wear going into evening wear and evening wear going into sporty wear. You have saris with kegs and a racer back, you have kalidaar kurta with a zipper hood top, and you had guys with...
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali in NDTV.com
I remain myself wherever I'll go with the opera,said Bhansali. "When I was in Paris, I walked alone by the Seine in my kurta listening to the songs of Lataji (Mangeshkar). I'll do the same in Italy. It's important to carry a portion of...