koranic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or related to the sacred texts of Islam
News & Articles
- Yemen soldiers killed despite rebel-Salafist truce
The explosion came as the soldiers were moving in to place themselves between Zaidi Shiite rebels and Salafist fighters in the town of Dammaj, the official said. Fighting has centred on a Salafist mosque and Koranic school in Dammaj that has been besieged by the rebels, known as Huthis after their leading family.
Nov. 21, 2013 - AFP via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Baltimore Sun
In the Muslim school, the teacher wrote to tell my mother that I made faces during Koranic studies,Obama wrote. "My mother wasn't overly concerned. 'Be respectful,' she'd say. In the Catholic school, when it came time to pray, I would...
- Martin Amis in New York Times
- Amis explains that "the dominion of the male is Koranic," and more generally that "when challenged or affronted, the believer's response is hormonal."