- n a baseball pitch thrown with little speed or spin
- Eri Yoshida's face is in Japanese newspapers and on TV, but she wants her knuckleball to do the talking knuckleball to do the talking.
- But the manager who picked Yoshida said he did so because of her formidable sidearm knuckleball, which Yoshida has said she modeled after pitcher Tim Wakefield of the Boston Red .
- He hit a 46-yard knuckleball in the Arctic cold to give the Pats a 17-14 home win over the Tennessee Titans, and converted all five tries in New Englands 24-14 AFC Championship .
News & Articles
- Bisons fall to PawSox, 5-3
PAWTUCKET, R.I. (From Bisons.com)- It's not often the Buffalo Bisons' hitters see a knuckleball. But they saw a bevy of them from Pawtucket Red Sox starter Steven Wright Sunday afternoon, and he shut them down with the inimitable pitch.
June 17, 2013 - WGRZ-TV Buffalo
- Tim Sullivan | NCAA's tinkering has put college game's power punch on hold
Because equilibrium has been as elusive as a knuckleball in a hailstorm, administrators are weighing whether to adopt a livelier ball to stimulate scoring.
June 16, 2013 - Louisville Courier-Journal
- Lind, Rasmus HRs push Blue Jays past Rangers 6-1
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Toronto Blue Jays knuckleballer R.A. Dickey was feeling a bit nostalgic even without his best stuff. Adam Lind and Colby Rasmus just hit the ball hard.
June 16, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Frank Thomas in USA Today
I've had my good days against him but over the whole haul, he's had the best of me,Thomas said. "Today a couple flattened out. That happens with knuckleball pitchers sometimes."
- Joe Torre in ABC News
Wang is remarkable,Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "He's sort of like a knuckleball pitcher. You know what's coming and there's really nothing you can do about it."
- Tim Wakefield in MLB.com
It's an honor to have somebody carry on a knuckleball tradition, and somebody that's doing it because she likes what I do,Wakefield said. "It's pretty cool to have someone come over to the States from Japan. I heard about her last year. I...