- n either of two bean-shaped excretory organs that filter wastes (especially urea) from the blood and excrete them and water in urine
urine passes out of the kidney through ureters to the bladder
- The resourceful doctors at Boston's Peter Bent Brigham Hospital knew how tough a problem it is to transplant a human kidney under the most favorable circumstances.
- A game-show in which kidney patients compete to win a donor organ it sounded too weird to be true.
- Black adults with chronic kidney disease experienced a stunning 20-fold jump in their risk of heart failure, compared with black adults without kidney disease.
News & Articles
- Kidney disease catches family off guard
WAUPUN — When Dominique Oppermann was told she had a kidney disease it was a shock to the whole family.
June 15, 2013 - Beaver Dam Daily Citizen
- Kidney Stone Smarts: The Truth About Cola & Calcium
BACKGROUND: Kidney stones (renal lithiasis) are small, hard deposits that form inside the kidneys. The stones are made of mineral and acid salts. Kidney stones have many causes and can affect any part of your urinary tract — from your kidneys to your bladder. Often, stones form when the urine becomes concentrated, allowing minerals to crystallize and stick together. (SOURCE: www.mayoclinic.com ...
June 14, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Son donates kidney in six-way swap to save father's life
Doctors say multi-way kidney swaps are helpful when there isn't a good match in the family. It gave one dad a new chance at life
June 14, 2013 - ABC 13 Houston
- John Demjanjuk in International Herald Tribune
My dad spent a few hours in the emergency room the other day,John Demjanjuk Jr. said. "He is being treated for kidney stones at present."
- Khaw Boon Wan in International Herald Tribune
We should not reject any idea just because it is radical or controversial,Khaw said. "We may be able to find an acceptable way to allow a meaningful compensation for some living, unrelated kidney donors, without breaching ethical...
- Mohinder Lal in 940 News
We suspect around 400 or 500 kidney transplants were done by these doctors over the last nine years,Lal told reporters.