- v take away to an undisclosed location against their will and usually in order to extract a ransom
The industrialist's son was kidnapped
- PTI's list of the most notorious crimes of the past century, coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the Lindbergh kidnapping.
- Last week's kidnapings came two days before the Dutch Appeals Court was to rule on prison sentences handed 16 South Moluccans who were implicated in a plot last April to kidnap .
- On June 17, 1932, Congress passed the Lindbergh Law making kidnapping across state lines a Federal felony.
News & Articles
- Bath man charged with kidnapping and assault
Authorities in Steuben County arrested a man after they said he attacked a woman and tried to kidnap her.
June 15, 2013 - YNN Syracuse
- Kidnap suspect pleads not guilty
CLEVELAND - A man accused of holding three women captive in his home for about a decade pleaded not guilty Wednesday to hundreds of rape and kidnapping charges, and the defense hinted at avoiding a trial with a plea deal if the death penalty were ruled out.
June 13, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Cleveland kidnap case: Will the 3 women have to testify to ordeal?
Ariel Castro, facing 329 criminal counts in connection with the kidnap and abuse of three Cleveland women, is back in court Wednesday. If he contests the charges, the women will need to testify, no matter how difficult that challenge.
June 11, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Jill Carroll in CNN International
Saying she wants to be regarded as a journalist, not a hostage, Carroll said she would not engage in polemics against her kidnappers, "but let me be clear: I abhor all who kidnap and murder civilians, and my captors are clearly guilty of both...
- Al Sharpton in Beckley Register-Herald (registration)
The Palestinian people showed their repugnance at Alan's kidnap. Palestinian President (Mahmoud) Abbas strongly condemned Alan's kidnapping and demanded that it be brought to an end. (Hamas leader) Ismail Haniyeh and Hamas spokesmen denounced the... David Miliband http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Miliband&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFDb6EvgI35zZBYOq429uwiOUMY1g International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/07/04/europe/EU-GEN-Britain-Johnston.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEBl6dLl4wyWK7Uyx5M4H1Fn7k7Qg Jul 4, 2007
55728 73788 kidnap The best way to keep us out of town is to handle hate crimes the right way here in town," Sharpton said. "But as long as you rape and kidnap and call our daughters 'nigger,' you can get used to us being here."