kerygma : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n preaching the gospel of Christ in the manner of the early church
- But demythologizing, Robinson points out, threatened to end up with "the conclusion that the Jesus of the kerygma could well be only a myth.
- This will mean, Cox warns, a restructuring of its essential tasks: kerygma (proclaiming God's message), diakonia (service) and koinonia (creating a community).
- The saving act of God, answers Bultmann, which is what the New Testament really represents, and for which he uses the theologian's Greek word, kerygma.
- Garry Wills in Los Angeles Times
This is the basic Announcement (Kerygma) that would be the test of orthodoxy,Wills writes. "It is the nucleus from which the Gospels were built up."