- n bourbon and sugar and mint over crushed ice
- Mark Kurlansky, author of 'The Food of a Younger Land', makes competing recipes for mint juleps from the 1930s.
- It's one of the best-selling books ever bound between covers, but that's not what makes Margaret Mitchell's magnificent mint julep of a novel great.
- Of course, you could ignore all that and just go up to your room; there are 90 of them, stocked with customized iPods, specially distilled bourbon and sterling-silver mint-julep .
- Patricia Clarkson in Washington Post
I think what's beautiful is that she's undergone this physical transformation, but I think she'll have a paintbrush in one hand and a mint julep in the other,Clarkson says. "At the core, she's still a Southern lady."
- Nick Clooney in Cincinnati Enquirer
He has quite a collection of julep cups by now,says Nick. "We watch the premiere, and we go to the party afterwards, and George says 'Where's my cup?'"
- Tom Hanks in Louisville Courier-Journal
I'm not a mint julep man,Hanks said near the Paddock Bar before the seventh race. "I like my bourbon straight."