joust : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a combat between two mounted knights tilting against each other with blunted lances
- v joust against somebody in a tournament by fighting on horseback
- How they will joust with Petraeus could offer insights into their commander-in-chief bona fides.
- Later in an arduous week, the Prince scratched himself from a tiddlywinks joust to which he had been challenged by the Cambridge University team.
- But if his knights don't enliven your film summer, you can always joust with George Lucas' Jedi in the last installment of a certain other epic.
News & Articles
- Sunset MBC surprises VBS attendees
Knight from Fairewinds Faire waits for the start of the tilt "joust." Submit your news! We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on!
June 15, 2013 - The Marshall News Messenger
- Die Gute Fabrik Working On Ambitious Adventure Mutazione
In a drastic change of direction, Die Gute Fabrik is hard at work on a new title that couldn’t be more different from Johann Sebastian Joust. Mutazione is an adventure game about a girl named Kai who gets into a motorcycle accident and awakens in a strange world. Unlike many adventure games, Mutazione offers a full day/night cycle, with different schedules for each of the characters on different ...
June 13, 2013 - Game Informer
- Lost and found: Nik Kershaw 'Wouldn’t It Be Good'
I am lucky to live in a town that is still Stuck in the ‘80s -- Springfield, Missouri. We have a wonderful arcade named “1984” that for $5 will let you play all the ‘80s video games your heart desires. They have everything from the popular Donkey Kong to the more obscure Burger Time and Joust. When your wrist needs a …
June 10, 2013 - Tampa Bay Times
- John Bracewell in Sydney Morning Herald
The one thing I have learned is that you do not joust with the Australians,Bracewell said, to a chorus of sighs. "They come at you as a pack. That's a lesson learned from 20 years of making mistakes against the Australians."
- James Hansen in Seattle Times
Hansen said he would not "joust with court jesters," and McIntyre suggested Hansen might have a "Jor-El complex," a reference to Superman's father, who foresaw the destruction of his planet and sent his son packing.
- David Starkey in guardian.co.uk
At the end of a day's jousting,Starkey says, "the prizes are given by the Lady of the Joust who has been just sitting simpering Ã la Wag with a bag of gold or whatever. After the action was over the jousters would go and have a communal...