jingoism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an appeal intended to arouse patriotic emotions
- n fanatical patriotism
- There was no shortage of exploitative 911 jingoism this year, but this militainment reality series was as over-the-top as the propaganda scenes from Starship Troopers.
- Such jingoism could work as smartly for Putin's as yet unnamed heir-designate as the Chechen war worked for Putin back in 1999 that's if Putin feels sufficiently emboldened to .
- It wasn't just bias, fear or jingoism at work.
News & Articles
- LGBT Patriots: Commendable Americans Kiva Wilson, Sen. Adam Ebbin and Spc. Kushaba Moses Mworeko
Feature Story: Patriotism is a delicate expression. Too much, and you might easily veer into jingoism. Too little, and the pioneering American experiment – the 1776 launch of which we mark July 4 – loses all its promise. Michelle Obama expressed her patriotism on the 2008 campaign trail by sharing , ''For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country, because it feels like ...
July 3, 2013 - Metro Weekly
- From Independence Day to Parks and Rec : The Best Patriotic Picks for the 4th of July
With the Fourth of July right around the corner, the Wired staff has been pondering our favorite patriotic media. Not just the movies with the most jingoism or flag-waving, mind you, but the movies, TV shows, comics and books that celebrate, critique or embody the issues modern American identity. If you're looking for something to watch or read on the upcoming holiday, we offer these humble ...
July 1, 2013 - Wired News
- Nitish Kumar in Press Trust of India
But Lalu's statement is plain drama and our resignation will not serve any purpose,Kumar said. "We, the Biharis, are the victims of jingoism of Raj Thackeray's MNS, but Lalu Prasad is seeking resignation of our MPs and MLAs. Such a...
- Paul Keating in The Age
A political leader's true task is to interpret events and reality to a conscientious nation. It is not to wallow in jingoism in the hope this might find some harmony with an old chord,Mr Keating said.
- Ron Paul in People's Daily Online
I rise in opposition to this resolution, which is yet another meaningless but provocative condemnation of China. It is this kind of jingoism that has led to such a low opinion of the United States abroad,Paul, who had run for US president as...