jingling : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make a sound typical of metallic objects
The keys were jingling in his pocket
- s having a series of high-pitched ringing sounds like many small bells
jingling sleigh bells
- Whenever the Master Chief fires his weapon --he tends to do that a lot--his gun ejects a shiny, jingling shell casing.
- Harry Reser, 69, oldtime banjoist, whose fur-trimmed Clicquot Club Eskimos kept the NBC airways jingling to the tune of Ain't She Sweet? and Barney Google every week between 1925 .
- With money jingling in their pockets, they swarmed up to the counters; they said wrap it up before they asked the price.
News & Articles
- Salmon Toss opens Soldotna's new disc course
The Tsalteshi Trail system was alive Saturday with the sound of jingling chains and buzzing mosquitoes. The chain sounds were new disc golf baskets stopping putts. Nothing stopped the mosquitoes.
June 17, 2013 - Peninsula Clarion
- Bob Garfield in Multichannel News
Remember, this isn't a nice, eco-friendly hybrid they're jingling goofily about. It isn't ice cream or circuses or Day-Glo condoms,Garfield wrote in his column last week. "It's the freakin' cable company, which - after all the singing is...
- Jim Tracy in MLB.com
When we went to the mound, he said he felt like there was something jingling around in there,Tracy said of Jackson.