- v adorn or decorate with precious stones
- s covered with beads or jewels or sequins
- It will be circular, traversed by a Greek Cross, on the arms of which will rise jewelled chapels.
- Your handkerchief, likely as not, has an elephant embroidered in a corner; the jewelled ornament on your hat is a rhinestone studded elephant.
- Besides Author Vansittart's life-size argument, the book presents a big, detailed panorama of modern London and its crowds, ranging from celebrities "with sixteen-jewelled smiles .
News & Articles
- Russian oligarch opens Faberge egg museum
Russian billionaire Viktor Vekselberg on Tuesday opened a museum to display his glittering collection of Faberge eggs, once owned by the tsars, in the former imperial capital of Saint Petersburg. The new Faberge Museum located in the Shuvalov Palace in the city centre put on display nine of the eggs, once given as Easter gifts by the royal family, as well as thousands of jewelled objets d'art ...
Nov. 19, 2013 - AFP via Yahoo! News
- Tilda Swinton in Metro Canada - Toronto
She is literally in disguise, like a play,explains Swinton. "She is painted and dressed and jewelled and doesn't speak her own language and she doesn't even have her own name. She is acting her socks off and there is a time when one wants...
- Eoin Colfer in Winnipeg Free Press
For example, in the first sentence of the novel, Colfer writes: "So far as we know ...... The Imperial Galactic Government decided, over a bucket of jewelled crabs one day, that a hyper-space expressway was needed in the unfashionable end of the...
- Ali Smith in guardian.co.uk
Other favourites included Colm TÃ³ibÃn's Brooklyn ("A work of such skill, understatement and sly jewelled merriment could haunt you for life," Ali Smith warned in the Times Literary Supplement), JM Coetzee's Summertime ("Coetzee is back on...