- n a terrorist organization founded in 2000; a militant Islamic group active in Kashmir and closely aligned with al-Rashid Trust; seeks to secure release of imprisoned fellow militants by kidnappings
- But these jem people are using them as puppets.
News & Articles
- Peg McEntee: Looking for Atticus Finch in my dad
Peg McEntee: Looking for Atticus Finch in my dad by Peg Mcentee Tribune Columnist Published Jun 16, 2013 12:35AM MDT Like a lot of kids, I cried more than once when I read To Kill a Mockingbird — particularly when Atticus Finch sits beside his wounded son “and would be there when Jem waked up on the morning.” I was about 12 when I read Harper Lee’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, the only one she ...
June 16, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Comings & Goings: Learn Knightsbridge way to decorate cakes
Knightsbridge PME might be a new name to most on this side of the pond, but the company that originated in London is well known for bringing together PME SugarCraft and JEM Cutters, two of the top names in the cake-decorating business. The UK-based company designs, manufactures and sells professional cake decorating tools and equipment. Knightsbridge PME also runs a popular school of cake ...
June 13, 2013 - The Beacon News
- Alex de Waal in Reuters UK
A (peace) process can be started but in the aftermath of Abuja it is essential that any agreement that is reached includes everybody. No process can be successful in the absence of JEM and SLA-Unity,de Waal said.
- Omar al-Bashir in New York Times
Today we signed an agreement between the government and JEM in Ndjamena, and in Ndjamena we heal the war in Darfur,Mr. Bashir said in a speech on state television.
- Jafar as-Sadiq in Sydney Morning Herald
The JEM rebels killed five of the kidnapped Chinese and injured two. The kidnappers took the other two and ran away,Sadiq said.