jaunt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a journey taken for pleasure
- v make a trip for pleasure
- Senator Carl Levin called for it to be replaced after his and Senator John Warner's mid-August Iraq jaunt.
- Some of his targets were old reliables like Bill Clinton, fresh from his diplomatic jaunt to North Korea.
- He circumscribed the globe seven times, usually wringing a series of articles or a book out of the jaunt: Westward Ha! (illustrated by Al Hirschfeld) in the 40s, Eastward .
News & Articles
- IFC books U.S. rights on Michael Winterbottom's 'The Trip to Italy'
By Brent Lang LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - IFC Films has acquired U.S. rights to "The Trip to Italy." The film is Michael Winterbottom's follow-up to his 2010 road-trip comedy "The Trip," which IFC also released. The latest sight-seeing jaunt will reunite Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon and is in production in Italy. The sequel finds Brydon commissioned by a newspaper to go on a driving tour of Italy ...
June 24, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Citizens quote The Good Book in plea for more JAUNT funding in Louisa
Following The Central Virginian’s recent coverage about the impacts that cuts in JAUNT’s service will have on local users, a result of flat funding by the Louisa County Board of Supervisors, the county has requested additional data to decide whether it will increase funding.
June 21, 2013 - The Central Virginian
- LIDAR reveals ancient city remnants beneath Cambodian jungle
LIDAR scanning has recently become cost-effective enough for archaeologists to use on large historical sites, and they're taking full advantage. A helicopter jaunt last year has revealed a massive urban site below the jungles near Angkor Wat in Cambodia that likely housed thousands of people. New canals, temples and other man-made structures were discovered during a two-day scan, which emitted ...
June 20, 2013 - Engadget
- Jaswant Singh in Economic Times
Asked whether he would have expected Mr Advani to stand up for him, Mr Singh said: "He (Advani) was not required to cover any misdeed. My going to Kandahar was not a misdeed. And I was not going on a holiday jaunt. 166 lives were involved."
- Bono in Interference.com
In another conversation about musical influences Bono explains, "The music that really turns me on is either running toward God or away from God. Both recognize the pivot, that God is at the center of the jaunt. So the blues, on one hand-running...
- Jerry Abramson in Louisville Courier-Journal
First and foremost, my time will be spent in the mayor's office,Abramson said. "I will be running this city full-time, but there are days : where I might take a jaunt out and visit some folks and listen."