japanese : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a native or inhabitant of Japan
- n the language (usually considered to be Altaic) spoken by the Japanese
- a of or relating to or characteristic of Japan or its people or their culture or language
News & Articles
- Japanese carrier's Boeing 787 has engine problem
Japanese carrier's Boeing 787 has engine problem TOKYO (AP) — A Japanese carrier's Dreamliner had engine trouble before takeoff Wednesday, a day after a rival airline had a problem on another 787 plane. The All Nippon Airways flight was scheduled to go from Ube to Tokyo's Haneda airport but the right-side engine would not start, airline spokesman Yoichi Uchida said.
June 15, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Japanese union leader lends support to ILWU
Fusao Ohori, a Japanese union leader who'd flown from Tokyo to support locked-out union dockworkers in Vancouver and Portland, leaned in Friday to answer a reporter's questions when the gray van, its windows obscured, suddenly reappeared at the metal gate.
June 15, 2013 - The Columbian
- Japanese Market Up Sharply
Japanese Market Up Sharply
June 14, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Charles Grassley in International Herald Tribune
I suggest, you know, obviously, maybe they ought to be removed,Grassley said Monday. "But I would suggest the first thing that would make me feel a little bit better toward them if they'd follow the Japanese example and come before the...
- Paul Watson in AFP
The Japanese whalers have now escalated this conflict very violently,said Paul Watson, captain of the Sea Shepherd's Steve Irwin ship. "If they think that our remaining two ships will retreat from the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary in the...
- Patrick Leahy in Austin American-Statesman
No American should need a classified briefing to determine whether waterboarding is torture,Mukasey said. "Waterboarding was used at least as long ago as the Spanish Inquisition. We prosecuted Japanese war criminals for waterboarding after...