jangly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s like the discordant ringing of nonmusical metallic objects striking together
- Countless people who have not heard I Kissed a Girl are under the impression that it's a cover of Jill Sobule's jangly 1995 hit of the same name.
- It's midafternoon, and they are, of course, tired, but even so their presence adds a jangly, hormonal buzz to the bland, institutional setting.
- Though MacColl deprecatingly described her music as "jangly, luscious, melodic pop music" with "bitter, twisted lyrics," her songs often betrayed deeply personal concerns .
- David Gedge in Times Online
People assume that C86 is that jangly guitar stuff and the rather fey singing,says David Gedge of the Wedding Present, whom the Pains supported on tour last year. "But if you listen to the actual thing it was quite a varied selection of...
- Lou Barlow in Jerusalem Post
In a previously published interview, Barlow explained the blend: "We loved speed metal...... and we loved wimpy-jangly stuff."
- Carl Barat in Gigwise
Speaking to 6Music, Barat said: "The recording process was quite long. We were approaching from a different style of doing things as well, less jingly-jangly and happy-go-lucky. It was a bit more planned."