- v press tightly together or cram
- v push down forcibly
The driver jammed the brake pedal to the floor
- v crush or bruise
- v interfere with or prevent the reception of signals
- v get stuck and immobilized
the mechanism jammed
- v crowd or pack to capacity
- v block passage through
- s filled to capacity
a suitcase jammed with dirty clothes
- There could be little disagreement from the crowds who had jammed the Indianapolis courtroom for five weeks.
- Worshippers raced outside with bodies and jammed them into ambulances without pausing to sort the living from the dead.
- Like the 343 who spent three days jammed in a tavern at tiny (pop.
News & Articles
- Festus rolls past Miners after first-inning stop
PARK HILLS — The Festus Post 153 Junior American Legion team loaded the bases after an initial run in the first inning, but Park Hills Miners pitcher Jake Bridges left them jammed with his first strike-out. Post 153 was not to be denied as they burst open for 11 hits in scoring 12 more runs in the next four frames for a 13-2 win on Tuesday.
June 19, 2013 - Park Hills Daily Journal
- San Joaquin Valley farmers get bleak report on water supply
Growers jammed into the Westlands Water District field shop Tuesday to hear bad news: Expect a zero percent water allocation next February if winter doesn't start out stormy.
June 18, 2013 - The Fresno Bee
- Marshalls Creek Price Chopper opening draws hundreds
More than 250 shoppers jammed the entrance of the new Price Chopper in Marshalls Creek when the store opened at 8:15 a.m. The store gave away packages of cookies to the first 500 who entered the door and they were gone in a half hour.
June 18, 2013 - Pocono Record
- Bill Nelson in USA Today
This all shows the oil industry holds shocking sway over the administration and even key federal employees,said Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla. "This is why we must not allow big oil's agenda to be jammed through Congress."
- Dianne Feinstein in International Herald Tribune
Our highways are jammed. People go to work in gridlock,Feinstein said in arguing for the proposal.
- Mitch McConnell in Ozarks First
McConnell said along with Republicans, there are several Democrats who don't think, quote, "something of this magnitude ought to be jammed down the throats of a public that doesn't want it through this kind of device."