- n a criminal who has been jailed repeatedly
- A jailbird in drab prison garb only five months ago was Spanish Minister of Labor Juan Lluhi (pronounced Zhoo-i).
- The ex-jailbird Labor Minister of the Spanish Republic, His Excellency Juan Lluhi (pronounced Zhooee), who has been settling strikes by jailing the employers until they yielded .
- Miller (The Human Stain) carries the lead role with grim charisma, like a jailbird Jack Bauer.
- Bobby Gillespie in NME.com
Referencing the incident on stage, Primal Scream frontman Bobby Gillespie said: "We'd like to dedicate this next track 'Jailbird' to the Leeds' police force for arresting Mani again today."