jackstraws : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a game in which players try to pick each jackstraw (or spillikin) off of a pile without moving any of the others
- n a thin strip of wood used in playing the game of jackstraws
- The bodies of all 29 persons aboard were strewn like jackstraws around the twisted fuselage.
- They were still trying to make up their minds on rules about profits and taxes and other political jackstraws.
- The end result somewhat resembles a gigantic line-up of jackstraws and dominoes or an oversized split-rail fence weighed down with paving stones.