- n a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list
he noticed an item in the New York Times
she had several items on her shopping list
- n a small part that can be considered separately from the whole
- n a whole individual unit; especially when included in a list or collection
they reduced the price on many items
- n an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole
- n an individual instance of a type of symbol
- r (used when listing or enumerating items) also
a length of chain, item a hook"-Philip Guedalla
- Doing his level best to avoid being branded an intractable Republican diehard, Michigan's Senator Vandenberg recently urged President Roosevelt to seek the item vetopower to .
- Lately, an even more novel item has joined their battle kits.
- Then the computer prints out both the name of the item (say, one 4-oz.
- Conan O Brien in Washington Post
We have one hour to steal every single item in this studio,O'Brien told his audience, who gave him several standing ovations and chanted, "Coco! Coco!"
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
I can't tell you with a hundred percent certainty that every single item in this plan will work exactly as we hoped,Obama said, in a line he would repeat in the evening. "But what I can tell you is - I can say with complete confidence that...
- Jim DeMint in International Herald Tribune
They got something done this morning only because McCain came back,said Sen. Jim DeMint, RS.C. But DeMint later called the proposal "a trillion-dollar Band-Aid that does not contain a single item that will stimulate our economy."