ismaili : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an adherent of Ismailism; a member of the Ismaili branch of Shiism
- a of or relating to a branch of Shiism that is noted for its esoteric philosophy
News & Articles
- American model weds Aga Khan prince
Goodbye, Kendra Spears. Hello, Princess Salwa Aga Khan.The 25-year-old American model married Prince Rahim Aga Khan, son of the spiritual leader of the world’s Shia Ismaili Muslim denomination, in Geneva, Switzerland over the weekend.
Sept. 3, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Stephen Harper in AFP
This is recognition of the Aga Khan's leadership as a champion of development, pluralism and tolerance around the world and of his remarkable leadership as Imam of the worldwide Ismaili community,said Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
- Waldemar Januszczak in uruknet.info
My thoughts turned immediately to the magnificent collection of Islamic art I had just seen back in London, at the Ismaili Centre, opposite the V&A. There are manuscripts in this show that took 20 years to paint,art critic Waldemar Januszczak...
- Grace McCarthy in South Asian Post, Canada
A visit to Vancouver by the Aga Khan on his Golden Jubilee is an honour for Canada, and specifically for so many Ismaili families who have contributed to our economy and cultural growth in British Columbia,said McCarthy.