- n the bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections
- The IRS is now asking to see records of all accounts the first time such a broad legal tactic has been used on an international bank.
News & Articles
- IRS scandals threaten funding for health care law
IRS scandals threaten funding for health care law Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 1:14 pm, Saturday, June 15, 2013 WASHINGTON (AP) — Mounting scandals at the Internal Revenue Service are jeopardizing critical funding for the agency as it gears up to play a big role in ...
June 16, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- IRS scandal: Is debate too political?
Congressional investigators still haven't determined for certain whether partisan politics played a role in the IRS targeting scandal. But local observers say the investigation itself has become quite political.
June 16, 2013 - WCPO Cincinnati
- IRS Tale of Two Cities, Cincinnati And DC
With all the IRS drama of the last month, I'll bet a true sage like Charles Dickens would have a calming effect. Our cast of characters is hardly Dickensian. Besides, it's not as though we're facing the French Revolution. Still, let's see:
June 15, 2013 - Forbes
- John McCain in TIME
In other words, Barack Obama's tax plan would convert the IRS into a giant welfare agency, redistributing massive amounts of wealth at the direction of politicians in Washington,McCain said in the radio address.
- President Bush in Washington Post
For those who say they're willing to pay more, Bush said, "I welcome their enthusiasm _ pleased to report that the IRS accepts both checks and money orders."
- Charles Grassley in International Herald Tribune
It seems the IRS and Treasury Department went out of their way to knock out an emerging, effective and evenhanded way to collect tax debt that the IRS will otherwise never collect,Grassley said. "It's discouraging when commonsense efforts...