ironed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v press and smooth with a heated iron
- a (of linens or clothes) smoothed with a hot iron
- In a nod to the formality of the occasion journalists and staff alike shed the jeans they'd been living in through the final weeks of the campaign and ironed out their wrinkled .
- Recalls Agness, "On the cover they ran an illustration of a woman dressed in a perfectly ironed pristine shirt with a checkered apron, connected to a machine with 12 babies popping .
- They have bungee-ironed, parachute-ironed and ironed in the wilderness.
News & Articles
- Head lice don't take summer off
Yes, I ironed my daughter's mattress wearing a shower cap. But after I found lice eggs in her hair, I freaked. Don't panic: head lice are treatable, although it may take some work.
June 17, 2013 - CNN
- Theravance to proceed with plan to split business
Drug developer Theravance Inc. plans to split into two independent, publicly traded companies after a royalty agreement it had ironed out with Irish drugmaker Elan Corp. PLC fell through. South San Francisco, ...
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- John Waggoner: Will companies spend their plentiful cash?
You've probably had this problem before. You've woken up from your bed of freshly ironed $100 bills, and had to pick your way around dozens of bags of coins just to get to the closet.
June 16, 2013 - Asbury Park Press
- Barack Obama in Reuters
There are still disagreements that have to be ironed out. There is still work to be done in the next few days,Obama said of the effort to win Senate passage of his top domestic priority by the end of the year. "I'm feeling cautiously...
- Jim Leyland in SI.com
We treaded water pretty good,said Tigers manager Jim Leyland, whose team could get a boost when injured relievers Fernando Rodney and Joel Zumaya return. "We need to get some things ironed out in the second half. They went through a lot in...
- Troy Glaus in Seattle Times
Glaus, who missed most of last season with St. Louis after right-shoulder surgery, said, "Early in spring, bear with me. We'll get that all ironed out."