iranian : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a native or inhabitant of Iran
- n the modern Persian language spoken in Iran
- a of or relating to Iran or its people or language or culture
News & Articles
- Rouhani courts Iranian media
TEHRAN, June 21 (UPI) -- Iranian media are expected to contribute to a climate of peace during the incoming administration, President-elect Hassan Rouhani said.
June 21, 2013 - UPI
- Iranian expectations soar after Rohani's election
As Iranians erupted in celebration over the victory of Hassan Rohani, they knew what they wanted from their president-elect: more social freedoms, a better economy, and less “resistance” to the rest of the world.
June 21, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Report: Iranian Navy Detains UAE Fishermen
Report: Iranian navy detains UAE fishermen, vessels
June 20, 2013 - ABC News
- Barack Obama in AFP
We call on the Iranian government to stop all violent and unjust actions against its own people,Obama said. "The Iranian government must understand that the world is watching. We mourn each and every innocent life that is lost."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Reuters India
The United States has refrained from commenting on the election in Iran. We obviously hope that the outcome reflects the genuine will and desire of the Iranian people,said Clinton, on a short visit to Canada.