- n a member of the Siouan people formerly living in Iowa and Minnesota and Missouri
- n a state in midwestern United States
- n a dialect of the Chiwere language spoken by the Iowa
News & Articles
- Iowa's job market on the rise again
Iowa's improving job market has workers gaining some long-lost clout in the workplace, a shift that's pushing employers to take a stronger look at improving retention, employment experts say.
June 22, 2013 - The Des Moines Register
- Iowa City Police: Drop in Alcohol Related Arrests
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa City police are making fewer alcohol related arrests. Recent data from the Iowa City Police Department shows a significant decline in such arrests over the past decade.
June 22, 2013 - KCRG-TV9 Cedar Rapids
- Iowa City Hospice to host luncheon
Iowa City Hospice will host a free Bereavement Support Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at Good Earth Restaurant, 5900 Grandview Ave. in Muscatine.
June 22, 2013 - The Iowa City Press-Citizen
- Barack Obama in AHN
What began as a whisper in Springfield soon carried across the corn fields of Iowa, where farmers and factory workers; students and seniors stood up in numbers we've never seen,Obama added. "They stood up to say that maybe this year, we...
- Bill Clinton in Edmonton Sun
A former senior adviser on gay rights to President Bill Clinton calls the decision a "big win because, coming from Iowa, it represents the mainstreaming of gay marriage."
- Mike Huckabee in Wall Street Journal
We have both been brutally assaulted by Governor Romney with amazingly misleading ads that attacked and distorted and misrepresented our records, Romney attacking me in Iowa, attacking him in New Hampshire,Mr. Huckabee said on "Fox News Sunday."