ionized : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v become converted into ions
- v convert into ions
- a converted totally or partly into ions
- Easily ionized chemical elements were stopped well away from the sun; some that were harder to ionize got close to the sun before they were halted.
- Teller explained that the gases would be completely ionized by the heat.
- They re port in Nature that the black hole's passage through the atmosphere would have left a deep blue trail of ionized particles like the streak seen by witnesses near the 1908 .
News & Articles
- Wired Space Photo of the Day: Outflow in Carina
This image from the Blanco 4-meter telescope at Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory in Chile was used to discover an extremely large outflow in the Carina Nebula, known as Herbig-Haro 666 (HH 666). Ionized gas squirts out along the polar axis ...
July 7, 2013 - Wired News
- Scott Fybush in The Daily News Online
Fybush explains: "It's a phenomenon that happens primarily in the summer months, when a layer of the ionosphere becomes ionized in such a way that it functions as a mirror at certain frequencies, including at times the FM radio dial."
- Dick Frizzell in New York Times
There's something ionized about the atmosphere, it just seems to pick up the fresh salty tang of the ocean,said Mr. Frizzell, who, like his wife, is 65.
- Avi Loeb in International Herald Tribune
It is not known which type of stars ionized the universe or when the transition between the two populations took place,Loeb said.