- v make sense of; assign a meaning to
How do you interpret his behavior?
- v give an interpretation or explanation to
- v give an interpretation or rendition of
- v create an image or likeness of
- v restate (words) from one language into another language
Can you interpret the speech of the visiting dignitaries?
- v make sense of a language
- The new body will have no power to interpret scripture.
- How do you interpret the Crucifixion? Christ's death is a sign of empathy for human suffering Christ's death was necessary to cleanse humanity's sins.
- He was often like that: generous, open, supportive, always trying to win new converts to his way of working, his way of interpreting the past.
News & Articles
- Crop markets anticipating WASDE report at 11:00 AM CDT
Corn futures moved slightly lower in Tuesday night trading, although there seemed to be little news behind the slide. Indeed, one might interpret an overnight report that South Korea had bought 1.1 million tonnes of corn and wheat over the past five weeks would have supported the market.
June 12, 2013 - Dairy Herd
- Coryell County water well owners receive test results
More than a dozen Coryell County water well owners, whose water was tested this week, met Tuesday to hear a water resource specialist interpret their results.
June 12, 2013 - Killeen Daily Herald
- Top House Republican thinks Democrats purposely haven’t passed pensions
The top Republican in the Illinois House of Representatives says he thinks Democratic leaders are purposely not passing pension reform for their own political gain. There are lots of conspiracies for why pension reform hasn’t been approved, from the basic stance that it’s purely a legal debate over how to interpret the constitution, to another, more complex thought: that the powerful House ...
June 12, 2013 - WBEZ 91.5 Chicago
- John McCain in FOXNews
As some may recall, there was at the time a debate over the way in which the administration was likely to interpret these prohibitions,McCain said in a statement, adding that he was "personally assured by administration officials that at...
- Paul Helmke in BusinessWeek
Her testimony has provided ample reason to think that she will interpret and apply the Second Amendment consistent with the urgent need to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of dangerous people,the gun-control group's president, Paul...
- Ruth Padel in Bloomberg
I acted in complete good faith, and would have been happy to lose to Derek, but I can see that people might interpret my actions otherwise,Padel said in a statement provided by Ruth Collier, head of Oxford's press office.