insisting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n continual and persistent demands
- v be emphatic or resolute and refuse to budge
- v beg persistently and urgently
- v assert to be true
- And if they keep insisting on showcasing their "talent," give Simon Cowell a call; a few cruel words from the reptilian British judge will surely crush your child's dreams of fame.
- Syrian President Hafez Assad was obviously defying the Israelis, insisting that the missiles were necessary for the defense of his forces and that he had no intention of .
- And while Shepard's death has forced even the most belligerently anti-gay conservatives to situate themselves carefully--condemning the murder while insisting they contributed .
News & Articles
- Russian Diplomats Wield Their Missiles Deftly
June 12, 2013: Russia and Syria are insisting that shipments of Russian S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems (similar to the U.S. Patriot) are still headed for Syria. Israel opposes selling S-300 to Syria and has been pressuring Russia to back off.
June 12, 2013 - Strategy Page
- Conn. lawmakers join fight over who was 1st to fly
Connecticut's leading role in aviation has never been disputed, but legislators have passed a bill insisting that a Connecticut aviator flew two years before the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk, N.C. The ...
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- England U-21 boss Pearce: I'm sick defending these players
The Young Lions boss slammed his charges following their third successive defeat at the European Under-21 championship, insisting they need to be held to accountable.
June 11, 2013 - Goal.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Rosa DeLauro in Houston Chronicle
The FDA should be insisting on a zero-tolerance policy for melamine in domestic infant formula until it is able to determine conclusively based on sound independent science that the trace levels would not pose a health risk to infants,DeLauro...
- David Hare in CBS News
The same president who is asking us to spend another $200 billion on the misguided war in Iraq and is insisting on providing $60 billion in tax cuts next year to folks who make over a million bucks a year, is now pretending to protect the deficit... David Obey http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Obey&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHajnNlgKSXx2wRUSWZ5HB33VghxQ MarketWatch http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/budget-battle-bush-vetoes-health/story.aspx%3Fguid%3D%257B017B2AD1-547C-4294-ABBD-AC2EDC8D3696%257D&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF60vt6-Jt6TVPjTz8VD3hj04r0kg Nov 13, 2007
52301 69586 insisting Not only has Harold Pinter written some of the outstanding plays of his time, he has also blown fresh air into the musty attic of conventional English literature, by insisting that everything he does has a public and political dimension," said...