inquiry : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a search for knowledge
- n an instance of questioning
- n a systematic investigation of a matter of public interest
- But the Alaska senate inquiry is moving ahead.
- Just this week, a parliamentary inquiry exonerated Blair's government on the charge that it "sexed up" intelligence reports to exaggerate the threat posed by Saddam's regime, but .
- A naval court of inquiry in session at San Diego took testimony for several days on the accident which sent seven destroyers ashore on Point Arguello (PTI, Sept.
News & Articles
- Legal inquiry over failing schools list 'not a big deal,' Bice says (poll)
State Education Superintendent Tommy Bice is saying very little about a reported legal inquiry that caused state education officials to delay releasing a list of so-called failing schools under the Alabama Accountability Act.
June 14, 2013 - Mobile Press-Register
- A Call For Google To Face A Tax Inquiry. Not That It Will Go Anywhere
The Public Accounts Committee in the UK has released its report on the taxation of multinationals. Google comes in for a lot of stick in it, something which is absolutely no surprise to anyone who has been observing the evidence given to the committee. There's a call in the report for Google to face an detailed inquiry into its tax affairs. But it does have to be said that there's very little ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Loans With Bad Credit Aggregator - New Online Inquiry Form
PENSACOLA, Florida, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ? LoansForPoorCredit.net , the McAfee Secure™ site for applying to and comparing lenders offering cash loans, has announced the launch of a new inquiry ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in National Review Online
Promoting science isn't just about providing resources - it's about protecting free and open inquiry,Obama explained in his radio address.
- David Trimble in The Associated Press
I recognize the significance of the decision to include an international element and I understand the constitutional and political niceties that surround that,Trimble said. "I can say that we are all determined that the inquiry be rigorous...
- Mike Hayden in Forbes
I welcome this inquiry and the CIA will cooperate fully,CIA Director Mike Hayden said in a statement. "I welcome it as an opportunity to address questions that have arisen over the destruction back in 2005 of videotapes."