- n an arm off of a larger body of water (often between rocky headlands)
- n an opening through which fluid is admitted to a tube or container
- Two years ago, the waterfront along Vancouver's False Creek, a narrow inlet off the city's main harbor, was covered with rusting railroad tracks and a few ramshackle factories.
- Doubts were resolved, wonder ceased when the wires flashed word from Wales that Pilot Wilmer Stultz had guided the Friendship safely to a landing in the Burry inlet on the north .
- What most people aren't allowed to see is what happens afterward, when the ones that didn't make the cut are moved to the next rockbound inlet over and stabbed to death by fishermen.
News & Articles
- Goldsmith Inlet requests expected soon
Southold Town is months away from having a set of recommendations to help mitigate pollution in Goldsmith Inlet, according to Southold Town planner Mark Terry. Testing of Autumn Pond in Peconic, which is connected to the inlet by a drainpipe, has become a point of concern since DNA testing of turned up traces of human [...]
June 11, 2013 - The Suffolk Times
- Zap ugliness: Hide those power outlets with Inlet covers
Inlet is a three-plug outlet cover with a customizable faceplate. (Credit: Kickstarter) Isn't it strange that we still use household power outlets that were popularized about a century ago? How much longer do we have to put up with this antiquated, multi-prong mess of spaghetti wires? Well, 120-volt AC power outlets aren't going away anytime soon, but here's an idea that can make them less ugly ...
June 11, 2013 - CNET
- Lottery ticket worth $250k sold in Murrells Inlet
MURRELLS INLET, SC (WMBF) – A Mega Millions lottery ticket worth $250,000 was sold at a Piggly Wiggly in Murrells Inlet last week. The ticket, sold at the Piggly Wiggly on the Highway 17 bypass, matched
June 10, 2013 - WMBF News Myrtle Beach
- Sarah Palin in All American Patriots (press release)
I am especially concerned that an unnecessary federal listing and designation of critical habitat would do serious long-term damage to the vibrant economy of the Cook Inlet area,Palin said. "Hundreds of thousands of people who live in this...
- Don Young in Belleville News-Democrat
I don't think there's a shortage of beluga whales,Young said. "There's just a shortage of beluga whales coming into the Inlet."