infancy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the early stage of growth or development
- n the earliest state of immaturity
- The benefits of adequate sleep in infancy and childhood extend far beyond any single night of rest.
- But in 1981, when semiconductors and on-board computers were still in their infancy, variable displacement was a huge technical challenge.
- One is already doomed to die in infancy.
News & Articles
- The Mouse Inventor’s Vision of Computing
Beginning in the 1950s, when computing was in its infancy, Douglas C. Engelbart set out to show that progress in science and engineering could be greatly accelerated if researchers, working in small groups, shared computing power. He called the approach “bootstrapping.”
July 3, 2013 - New York Times
- Ban Ki-moon in Leading The Charge
The shift towards a greener future is still in its infancy and needs nurturing,UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon told participants Thursday. "While the world looks to the UN to steward the negotiating process, the United Nations looks to...
- Steve Ballmer in Reuters
We are the challenger, not the leader, in search, but we believe strongly that search is in its infancy and there is so much room for innovation,Chief Executive Steve Ballmer told a news conference in Paris. "For companies like Microsoft...
- Rosa DeLauro in Houston Chronicle
The reasons that motivated the framers to protect the ability of militiamen to keep muskets available for military use when our nation was in its infancy .......... have only a limited bearing on the question that confronts the homeowner in a... John Paul Stevens http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paul_Stevens&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGTCC74z_WMZ-r3o02FeHXkQyZApQ Globe and Mail http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/us-supreme-court-bolsters-gun-rights/article1622154/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH74IyuDU13OuxAHebKp5YOh5b6Mg Jun 28, 2010
51476 68976 infant The FDA should be insisting on a zero-tolerance policy for melamine in domestic infant formula until it is able to determine conclusively based on sound independent science that the trace levels would not pose a health risk to infants," DeLauro...