- n act of bringing about a desired result
- v cause to arise
- v cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
- v cause to occur rapidly
- v reason or establish by induction
- v produce electric current by electrostatic or magnetic processes
- From 1970 to 1990 the city's population more than doubled to a panic-inducing 10 million.
- The psychiatrist obtained a sample of a coma-inducing toxin from a bocor.
- These women want to give birth in their own bed or tub, with none of the medical interventions that have become staples of modern childbirth, like contraction-inducing medication .
News & Articles
- Standoff suspect heads to court Tuesday
Damon Smith, Sr., 43, is charged with inducing panic and felonious assault after a standoff in the 4200 block of Wolf Road.
June 17, 2013 - WDTN-TV 2 Dayton
- Cringe! Miss Utah Fumbles On Income Inequality Question
Miss Utah USA Marissa Powell appeared stumped during the Miss USA beauty pageant. It is the most cringe-inducing moment since Miss Teen South Carolina fumbled an answer in 2007.
June 17, 2013 - NPR
- Hope springs from First & Main
The tenants of Blacksburg’s First & Main shopping center have endured a recession, ownership changes and anxiety-inducing uncertainty since the problem-plagued complex opened in 2008. But those who stuck it out now have reason to hope they will be rewarded for their patience. And those who live near it hope the new developers honor their [...]
June 16, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Barack Obama in Winnipeg Sun
We will not apologize for our way of life, nor will we waver in its defense,Obama said to rousing cheers from the crowd. "For those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that our...
- Helena Bonham Carter in FOXNews
We were sort of in the middle of a chat about inducing the baby. It's meant to come out tomorrow,Bonham Carter said, adding that they might celebrate by spray-painting "my belly, because it looks like a globe."
- S Ramadorai in Prdomain Business Register (press release)
Recent discussion on making it simpler for women to administer abortion-inducing drugs at home underlines the growing belief that abortion is essentially a matter of individual decision and not the kind of major moral choice that should involve a... Rowan Williams http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan_Williams&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEIKrdNVxSp_pyDBFTRJSbPFoRYpQ Reuters UK http://www.google.com/url?q=http://uk.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUKL2155194120071021&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGUAGNkom7qjVhzOeqzXinZPoSSXA Oct 21, 2007
51213 68798 induct S. Ramadorai, CEO and MD, said: Given the size of the company's business, the directors have decided to induct four senior executives on to the Board of Directors. The newly appointed executive directors have a wealth of experience and have...