- v cause to arise
- v cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
The ads induced me to buy a VCR
- v cause to occur rapidly
- v reason or establish by induction
- v produce electric current by electrostatic or magnetic processes
- a brought about or caused; not spontaneous
a case of steroid-induced weakness
- Even elite athletes find it tough to work out; a new study shows that a surprising number of them suffer from exercise-induced asthma.
- Elite athletes may be the epitome of health and fitness, but their workout-induced glow could be hiding a problem deep in their lungs.
- Particularly with noise-induced hearing loss, the primary area where the ear is damaged is not the eardrum, not the part of the ear that you can see and not the bones that are .
News & Articles
- Morton Teen Sentenced for Two Drug Induced Homicides
PEKIN- A Morton teenager, convicted of two drug induced homicides last year, was sentenced Tuesday to a total of 27 years in prison, according to court officials.
June 12, 2013 - WMBD - FOX 43 Peoria
- New therapy target for kids' fever-induced seizures
( Northwestern University ) Fever-induced childhood seizures can be terrifying for parents and carry a long-term risk to brain development. Scientists haven't known what mechanism triggers the seizures. Now they've identified a new key factor, leading to a new therapeutic target. They also found nimodipine, a commonly available L-type calcium-channel blocker, dramatically reduced the incidence ...
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Salix and Progenics Announce FDA Advisory Committee to Review Relistor sNDA for Opioid-Induced Constipation in ...
RALEIGH, N.C.& TARRYTOWN, N.Y.---- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. and Progenics Pharmaceuticals today announced that the FDA is seeking input from an Advisory Committee on Salix's Supplemental New Drug Application for RELISTOR Subcutaneous Injection, for opioid-induced constipation, or OIC, in patients with chronic pain.
June 11, 2013 - CNBC
- Barack Obama in New York Daily News
Right now, what I should be spending time talking to you about is how we're going to put 3 to 4 million people back to work,Obama said on ABC. "And so this is a self-induced injury that I'm angry about, and we're going to make sure we get...
- Stephen Colbert in International Herald Tribune
This is just some good fun to watch during your eggnog-induced dementia,Colbert joked in an interview Wednesday.
- Barbara Walters in Washington Post
I induced Rosie to come back to television on 'The View' even for just one year,Walters said. "She has given the program new vigor, new excitement and wonderful hours of television. I can only be grateful to her for this year."