induced : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to arise
- v cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
The ads induced me to buy a VCR
- v cause to occur rapidly
- v reason or establish by induction
- v produce electric current by electrostatic or magnetic processes
- a brought about or caused; not spontaneous
a case of steroid-induced weakness
- The Concerned Women for America, a family-values group, took it upon themselves to warn the women who fall into Jell-O-shot-induced exhibitionism and public sexuality that they'll .
- Until the babies are roused from drug-induced comas, doctors cannot fully assess their health.
- The election- induced rush to the middle began three weeks ago, when Clinton announced he would contemplate a law allowing for a moment of silence in schools.
News & Articles
- Morton Teen Sentenced for Two Drug Induced Homicides
PEKIN- A Morton teenager, convicted of two drug induced homicides last year, was sentenced Tuesday to a total of 27 years in prison, according to court officials.
June 12, 2013 - WMBD - FOX 43 Peoria
- New therapy target for kids' fever-induced seizures
( Northwestern University ) Fever-induced childhood seizures can be terrifying for parents and carry a long-term risk to brain development. Scientists haven't known what mechanism triggers the seizures. Now they've identified a new key factor, leading to a new therapeutic target. They also found nimodipine, a commonly available L-type calcium-channel blocker, dramatically reduced the incidence ...
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Salix and Progenics Announce FDA Advisory Committee to Review Relistor sNDA for Opioid-Induced Constipation in ...
RALEIGH, N.C.& TARRYTOWN, N.Y.---- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. and Progenics Pharmaceuticals today announced that the FDA is seeking input from an Advisory Committee on Salix's Supplemental New Drug Application for RELISTOR Subcutaneous Injection, for opioid-induced constipation, or OIC, in patients with chronic pain.
June 11, 2013 - CNBC
- Barack Obama in New York Daily News
Right now, what I should be spending time talking to you about is how we're going to put 3 to 4 million people back to work,Obama said on ABC. "And so this is a self-induced injury that I'm angry about, and we're going to make sure we get...
- Stephen Colbert in International Herald Tribune
This is just some good fun to watch during your eggnog-induced dementia,Colbert joked in an interview Wednesday.
- Barbara Walters in Washington Post
I induced Rosie to come back to television on 'The View' even for just one year,Walters said. "She has given the program new vigor, new excitement and wonderful hours of television. I can only be grateful to her for this year."