- n a rare soft silvery metallic element; occurs in small quantities in sphalerite
- Details of the latest developments are under lock key, but World War II has been the making of indium: Indium is a once-rare metal that even in very small quantities makes soft .
- HelioVolt didn't invent copper indium gallium selenide, a thin film used to generate electricity from sunlight, but it did develop a faster, more cost-effective way to manufacture .
- The raw materials the workers carry are ultra-thin sheets of flexible plastic, which are then coated with a series of chemicals--indium, gallium, diselenide--that allows the module .
- Claire Gmachl in EETimes.com
Our material's architecture is deceptively simple-just two alternating layers of semiconducting material-aluminum indium arsenide and highly doped indium gallium arsenide,said Gmachl. "We could have used two other semiconductors, but we...