indexing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of classifying and providing an index in order to make items easier to retrieve
- v list in an index
- v provide with an index
- v adjust through indexation
- Cuil has a distinctive, if old-fashioned, approach to indexing websites.
- Blinkx has its own way of indexing clips that makes it more effective than other video search engines for finding particular segments within a broadcast, and each video stream .
- Far from slowly powering down, the brain as it ages begins bringing new cognitive systems on line and cross-indexing existing ones in ways it never did before.
News & Articles
- SEC's Definition of an Index Is Outdated
What is an index? It?s hard to say these days. An index used to be a broad measure of market value. Today, it appears to mean any list of securities that are configured and managed in any way. This makes indexing confusing. To make things worse, mutual fund and ETFs that track these lists are being called index funds. I believe the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) needs to redefine what ...
June 17, 2013 - Forbes
- Waterjet System delivers accessibility and flexibility.
Designed for accessibility, Emerald Series lets operators load material into cutting area from all 4 sides. Waterjet system, capable of indexing sheets of unlimited length in all directions, comes standard with dynamic mini hopper that offers 9 pre-set abrasive flow rates. Integration of ballscrew drive with 25 mm linear rails promotes accuracy. Footprint is 9 x 7.5 ft (gantry only), tank depth ...
June 13, 2013 - ThomasNet
- KershawHealth Integrates EKG Traces, Other Clinical Documents into EHRs with Access Clinical Data Bridge
Paperless solution eliminates printing, scanning and manual indexing from process; enables cost-effective expansion with unlimited feeds for medical devices and clinical systems. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10826655.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Matt Cutts in Register
Caffeine is a fundamental re-architecting of how our indexing system works,Cutts says. "It's larger than a revamp. It's more along the lines of a rewrite. And it's really great. It gives us a lot more flexibility, a lot more power. The...
- John Palfrey in International Herald Tribune
As Google gets closer and closer to its stated goal of indexing all the world's information, more and more issues arise,said John Palfrey Jr., executive director of the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School. "In the...
- Steve Murphy in Bemidji Pioneer
I think that we pick up more people now that the indexing it out than we lost because they want it in,Murphy said.