inclined : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v have a tendency or disposition to do or be something; be inclined
He inclined to corpulence
- v bend or turn (one's ear) towards a speaker in order to listen well
He inclined his ear to the wise old man
- v lower or bend (the head or upper body), as in a nod or bow
She inclined her head to the student
- v be at an angle
- v feel favorably disposed or willing
- v make receptive or willing towards an action or attitude or belief
- a (often followed by `to') having a preference, disposition, or tendency
wasn't inclined to believe the excuse
inclined to be moody
- a at an angle to the horizontal or vertical position
an inclined plane
- s having made preparations
- From these findings Psychologist Ramsey drew no moral but, by comparison with studies of "an older generation," he was inclined to think that boys today get (or admit) much more .
- He lives surrounded by ghosts but has no one to pray to, even if he were so inclined, which he isn't.
- The pudgy first child of a bourgeois Jewish couple from southern Germany, he was strongly influenced by his domineering, musically inclined mother, who encouraged his passion for .
News & Articles
- Design logo for Highlands Coalition
Graphic artists, designers and all so inclined are invited to help design a logo for the Annual Highlands Festival at Waterloo, which will be the basis for a newly designed logo for the New Jersey Hig
June 14, 2013 - Mt. Olive Chronicle
- Judge may unseal part of Jackson abuse claim
A judge said Thursday he was inclined to unseal portions of a choreographer's court filings alleging he was abused by Michael Jackson. However, personal details and psychiatrist reports would likely not be released.
June 14, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Swing vote Pryor says he's inclined to vote for Senate immigration bill
Sen. Mark Pryor, a conservative Democrat from Arkansas, told The Hill he’s inclined to support the Senate’s immigration reform bill. Read more...
June 13, 2013 - The Hill
- Arlen Specter in WIBW
I think the commentaries in the media are accurate,Specter said. "They say we haven't had [substantive discussions] here, and I'm inclined to agree with them."
- President Bush in Washington Post
I'm inclined to believe that we do need to increase our troops -- the Army, the Marines,Bush said in the Oval Office session. "And I talked about this to Secretary Gates and he is going to spend some time talking to the folks in the...
- Dan Bartlett in FOXNews
We've always been inclined to participate in an Iraqi-led conference,White House counselor Dan Bartlett said.