- n a United Nations agency to promote trade by increasing the exchange stability of the major currencies
- The imf's post-1989 loans to the former Czechoslovakia, Saffek says, required the government to slash social spending and displace workers.
News & Articles
- IMF and edX Join Forces to Pilot Online Economics and Financial Courses
WASHINGTON and CAMBRIDGE, Mass., June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) and edX , the not-for-profit online learning initiative composed of the leading global institutions ...
June 19, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- IMF Cuts Russia Growth Forecast; Supports Fiscal, Monetary Policies
IMF Cuts Russia Growth Forecast; Supports Fiscal, Monetary Policies
June 18, 2013 - Nasdaq
- IMF: US economy improving but spending cuts a drag
IMF: US economy improving but spending cuts a drag Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 9:24 am, Friday, June 14, 2013 WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. economy is on sounder footing than it was a year ago but is still being restrained by government spending cuts and tax increases, the ...
June 17, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Gordon Brown in Swissinfo
The IMF (International Monetary Fund) has got to be rebuilt as fit for purpose ...... We need an early warning system for the global economy,Prime Minister Gordon Brown told reporters in Brussels.
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn in BBC News
The Pakistani authorities have requested discussions with the IMF on an economic programme supported by financial assistance from the fund to meet the balance of payments difficulties the country is experiencing,IMF managing director...
- Jean-Claude Trichet in AFP
I do not trust that it would be appropriate to have the introduction of the IMF as a supplier of help through standby or through any kind of such help,Trichet told reporters in Frankfurt following a meeting of ECB policymakers.