- n retardation more severe than a moron but not as severe as an idiot
- n a stupid mistake
- He laments "the imbecility" of the blacks' existence, which could reflect on the persons, rather than their captivity.
- Some modern artists have sunk to imbecility, not pitiable imbecility but vicious imbecility.
- Despite generations of intermarriage, studies indicate no more imbecility than would be found in far larger populations.
News & Articles
- Keeping the hope
Justice by skin color is, and always was, the height of imbecility. Judging worth or intention by race is absolute nonsense. As is judging by gender. “Judge not, lest ye be judged.” I still have hope that such a day may arrive.
Aug. 3, 2013 - The Ocala Star-Banner
- Raymond Domenech in USA Today
Domenech himself said he tried "to convince them that what they were doing was an aberration, an imbecility, a stupidity without name," over their decision to strike, but never blamed himself for failing to control them.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr in The Hook
In a now infamous opinion, Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. wrote: "It's better for all the world, if instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime or to let them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those...