illegible : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a (of handwriting, print, etc.) not legible
- The knee-jerk explanation is that computers are responsible for our increasingly illegible scrawl, but Steve Graham, a special-education and literacy professor at Vanderbilt .
- Many such errors result from unclear abbreviations and dosage indications and illegible writing on some of the 3.
- Before his death in 1995, the amount began accumulating so fast that the last seven digits became totally illegible.
- Scarlett Johansson in Defamer.com (blog)
She then wrote something not very nice about Scarlett Johansson, which, according to photographic evidence, went something like, "Scarlett is a bloody cunt / L / Peace and love / [illegible] / fucker."
- Raymond Sokolov in Brisbane Times
Mailer's suspicion of technology was so deep that while most writers used typewriters or computers, he wrote with a pen, about 1500 words a day, in what Newsweek's Sokolov called "an illegible and curving hand".